Here we go again – another Recipe Round Up!
Last week was a pretty good week. I made some of my usual recipes but I did make 1 new recipe. Kids didn’t really eat what I made but I’m pretty sure there were a few bites tried and a “maybe” to eating something again. In my book – that’s a win!
Here’s what I made by the day, counting only the regular week and not the weekend.
Monday – This day was a bit of a mishmash of things, some fresh, some leftovers.
- Grilled shrimp – I use the marinade from this recipe all the time. Instead of skewers, I just spray the grill pan with non-stick spray and place them directly in the pan to cook, flipping them half way through
- Whole wheat couscous made with broth
- Kale salad from the bag
- Leftover sauteed green beans and brown rice
Tuesday – made a new pasta recipe
- Lemon arugula pasta – I substituted regular pasta for the quinoa Rotelle pasta (like Rotini) and thought it was completely delicious. I am going to do a quick post about making this recipe in it’s own post soon, that’s how much I liked it!
- Simple salmon recipe – For 2 pieces of salmon, you need to make a marinade from 2 TBSP olive oil, 1/4 lemon juice, 1 TBSP honey and 2 garlic cloves smash. Combine marinade in plastic bag, add salmon and make sure it gets coated with the marinade, allow to sit for 20 minutes and then cook at 400 for 15 min
- Potato Parmesan “chips” (Recipe at bottom)
- Fried “rice” cauliflower – I basically use this version of quinoa fried rice except with cauliflower (you can buy the riced cauliflower pre-made in some grocery stores; if not, leave 10-15 min to do it at home with a food processor using the shredder blade); OPTIONAL: add sriracha
That was it for the week. I had a girls dinner Friday night and a date night Saturday night.
Looking ahead to next week, thinking I am going to make salmon burgers one night, shrimp one night, and a crock pot chicken. The other nights I’ll have to improvise a bit based on mood and what’s in the fridge. 😉
- Half a bag of small red potatoes
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rinse red potatoes and cut each thinly like chips
- Place potato slices into a gallon bag
- Add olive oil, salt, and grated Parmesan to your liking
- Shake bag to coat all the potatoes
- Lay potatoes out on a baking sheet so they're not on top of each other (Spray baking sheet first with non-stick spray or use non-stick foil)
- Add any extra Parmesan and salt if necessary
- Bake for 20 minutes
Hope these recipes provide some inspiration for you!