A few years ago I tried jumping on the smoothie band wagon. But since it was a little intimidating to me, I wanted to take baby steps and for me, that was making a smoothie that had chocolate. And guess what? I found this amazing recipe and it’s healthy, filling, and I make it almost daily as my afternoon snack. I have yet to try a green smoothie at home (although it’s on my to-do list for the near future) because I just have historically found when I have the choice of what I want in a smoothie, chocolate is usually a main ingredient. 😉
- 1 banana (could be frozen)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (optional)
Put all together in blender and mix.
Here’s the recipe for my favorite smoothie.
- 1 sliced banana (frozen optional)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk of your choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- Optional: 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and enjoy!