I was inspired to buy a new dress for myself. I don’t have many uses for dresses like I used to but knowing that Mother’s Day isn’t too far off and so is an upcoming trip to Charleston, I felt it was the right time to buy a new one. I did a little research online first at Nordstrom to see what was inspiring me and I saw this dress by Leith. First, I saved it on my “wishlist.” Then, I was in the store the other day and decided to grab it in the pink (they call it Pinker Plumier) while I saw it there in my size (I wear an XS for reference).
I tried it on later once I was home and thankfully, it fits the bill for what I was looking for!
Here is what I like about it:
- It’s a fun color (it also comes in black, blue, coral, green/blue, and a darker pink)
- It’s a different style then I’ve had in the past yet is still flattering on my petite frame (may need slight tailoring)
- It’s a thicker material but light at the same time
- It can be styled a bunch of different ways
- Covers a little pouch, in case you’re self conscious
- The price – it’s only $48!!
If you are going to buy one dress to take you through the summer, this IS IT. It can be styled for an evening out, a day event (i.e. a shower or luncheon) or even a casual brunch.
Look #1 – Evening Look
Look #2 – Shower, Luncheon, any day event
Look #3 – Casual outing, like Sunday brunch
Special thanks to my friend Sheila, who is a Stella & Dot stylist. She provided the jewelry (although I did end up buying the Riad necklace later), and took the pictures. If you live in the vicinity of Washington, DC and are interested in hosting a party, her info is on the website here.
PS Here’s a good out take from our little session guaranteed to make you laugh!