Just wanted to do a quick post about items from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (#NSale) and a few more items I may still buy in the next week before the sale ends August 3.
1. Nike Internationalist sneakers – I bought a pair of these last summer during the sale in a light gray and they are a really good comfy casual sneaker to have in the closet. I wanted to buy the black ones but they went out of stock in my size really fast so I think I may go ahead and try the red version. They’ll go just as well with black. 2. I really wanted these Vince Camuto boots but decided too late because now they’re out of my size. 🙁 They seem like they would be a good addition to change up wardrobe options of everything going with black boots.
3. Can you believe I don’t own one of these Rebecca Minkoff purses yet? I know it’s a good price for this popular style so we’ll see. Just not sure how practical it is for my lifestyle right now, which is why I don’t think I’ve bought it yet).
4. Two years ago at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale I bought my first Autumn Cashmere sweater. It was a soft dark gray shawl style sweater and I can’t imagine it going out of style anytime soon. So when I saw this one I decided that it was worth it as well! It’s a classic style in a beautiful light grayish beige. You can’t go wrong!
5. I’m a huge fan of Onzie leggings after buying my first pair a few months ago. The material is almost slippery but it is surprisingly comfortable and hugs the body nicely and lightweight enough that your body is still able to breath. I’ve been wanting to add some prints to my winter exercise leggings so this was an easy buy for me.
6. I’ve also never owned a Wildfox Couture top before and finally bit the bullet. I like that it is black and white and would easily go with lots of items in my Fall/Winter wardrobe.
7. Who doesn’t love a fun printed pair of underwear?! These Commando thongs were the coolest prints so I just had to buy one of them. Any husband is also likely to enjoy this purchase. 😉
8. How cute is this little Rebecca Minkoff pouch? I oddly was looking for something like this to keep receipts and a few small lipglosses organized in my purse when my mom and I stumbled upon it. We both couldn’t get over it (I grew up a “Nordy Girl”) so it was an easy buy. The other color it comes in is a hunter green but I loved the saying on the beige one better. It says “Retail Therapy” “#Nordy girl”. How perfect!
9. These little gold bar earrings from Nadri were one of my birthday presents from my parents (My birthday was in mid-July conveniently). Since I’m small I loved their size and have been wearing them non-stop since I received them.
10. I’m a secret lover of all things pajamas and lounge wear. I don’t actually own as much as I like to buy but it’s one of my favorite departments in Nordstrom to browse through when I have time. I went to buy the light blue color in this Honeydew Intimates sweatshirt but they didn’t have my size left (this was on the first day of the sale!). However, they had this awesome camouflage version that I ended up with and I think it was actually a better choice for me. But I haven’t seen it online recently so I guess that color is gone. Either way, it’s a perfect sweatshirt for lounging or sleeping in.
11. I originally bought this Bench jacket. It was a pleasant surprise how well it fit me (The small was a better fit for me then the XS) and the price point was good. The saleswoman told me it’s a good cross between North Face and Patagonia. So I bought it! I may end up returning it later because I truly don’t need it but for now, I snatched it up because it could be good for wearing to/from the gym in the winter.
One other item I bought at the sale that was online only was an awesome eye shadow set from Lorac. For $15, it was hard to pass it. It’s not showing online anymore at all but it’s similar to this one. If it happens to come back in stock, I’d snatch it up!
Also, you can’t forget that this sale is also an awesome time to buy for the other people in your life. Below are a few of the items I bought for my husband and my daughters. The sale really is a whole family affair for me. 😉
So that is the majority of my big Nordstrom Anniversary sale purchases. I really tried this year to be discerning on what I spent my money on by asking myself “Do I need it?” “Do I have something similar to it already?” “How often will I wear it?” Overall, I bought a lot less then I did last year but I think what I bought was well worth it and should get a lot of use.