If you couldn’t tell from the name of my blog already, I have a love of lip glosses. I love them mostly in a little tube and with a wand. I love them brown and nude and a little pink. (Sounds of Dr. Seuss’s-ish, no? ha!)
Last week my husband was on a golf trip with his buddies and was gone about 6 days. Taking care of kids on your own is no easy task but, thankfully, they’re in school most of the days and for many years my husband worked so many hours I got used to do it all on my own anyway. While it had been awhile since I’d been in that situation, I knew what I was in for and I’m happy to say – we made it through! hahaha. No major issues (does one night of my older daughter “claiming” her foot hurt, out of the blue, at bed time, and hysterically crying about it count??) but I’m a little exhausted more then usual and we’re all very happy to have him back home.
Somehow, in the course of him being gone last week, I was doing some make-up Spring cleaning and it got me thinking about what some of my favorite lip glosses are these days. So, I thought it’d be a good idea to do a quick little post of what these are.
My favorite lip glosses – and more – right now (from left to right in the photo above):
- Emily Cosmetics Luxury Lip Gloss in Mauve Glow, $23 – This gloss is creamy, has a good color, and isn’t sticky at all. I think it’s hard to find a gloss with a brush wand that isn’t too sticky so this one is a real winner in my book and is why I use it so often.
- Emily Cosmetics Super Lip Gloss in Super Candy, $17 (mentioned here) – I keep this one in my purse and use it a ton. My favorite kind of glosses are in the tube because they’re the easiest to carry around and put on one-handed. This one has a perfect hint of color so I use it all the time, even when I’m headed to the gym.
- Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil in Nude, $23 – This is just your simple nude lip pencil that I often use with clear gloss (aka Aquaphor) on top for a hint of color.
- Laura Mercier Lip Parfait (aka Creamy Colourbalm) in Raspberry Ripple, $25 – This was one of the newest glosses I’ve bought. It is so creamy (hence the balm in the name), which is why I fell in love with it. The color I got was kind of a big deal for me because it’s more pink then anything else I own. I was trying something new for me and I definitely found it! #newyearnewthings!
- Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien (mentioned here), $26 – I got this one as a freebie last summer from Sephora and I was SHOCKED I liked it wasn’t what I was expecting at all – I thought it would be darker. It’s not a lip liner even though it’s a crayon and goes on smoothly and isn’t matte or drying. The one I have is small since it was a freebie but I would buy it in the regular size when it gets low.
- Emily Cosmetics Waterproof Gel Lip Liner in Cinnamon Sugar, $16 – One of my main stays of lip liner. This one I also keep in my purse because I wear it both with my Aquaphor and with any of my colored glosses on top. The gel makes it go on really smoothly and evenly.
- Trish McEvoy Essential Pencil Crayon in Nude, $26.50 – This is also one of the newest items I got. Yes, it’s nude again but I feel like it has a little more color then my Bobbi Brown one but mainly, I like the feel of it. Similar to the Nars pencil. Also, it is multi-purpose because it can be a liner, a semi-matte lip color and technically could even be used on cheeks. It has enough pigment to be all 3.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shine in blush, $6.99 – I totally forgot to include this one in the picture because I keep it in my car. along with Aquaphor. It’s kind of similar to the Emily Cosmetic’s Super Lip Gloss but cheaper and maybe slightly stickier and has a smell. I use it just as much as I use the Emily Cosmetic’s one though so I would be silly not to mention it.
So there you go, my favorite lip glosses and pencil’s of the moment. Feel free to share any of your favorites for me to check out!