Here are my Latest Likes, which is a round up of various things I’ve been into recently.
1. Finding stress relief with Adult Coloring – check out this awesome book called Color Me Happy my parents gave me for my birthday. The picture on the bottom is the one I decided to start with. We already had some regular colored pencils around but I went out and bought these new fun fluorescent pencils from eeboo to use as well. Both my daughters even enjoy coloring the pictures, too! And, after a quick search on the web, we found some free ones from this site that are better suited for younger kids (my younger daughter is almost 4) and easy to print. And while I was at the beach, I bought this book for them (The second book below). The pages tear out and the pictures are a bit easier to color. Also, check out this awesome coloring app geared towards adults called Colorfly. Warning: It’s addicting!!
2. Nail Art – For my birthday a few weeks ago, I decided to indulge myself by getting my first nail art manicure. I went with a gel french manicure with sparkles. Nothing too crazy but I liked it so much I may try something more fun next time I decide I want to do something different. In the meantime, if you want to inspiration, check out @nailartbyevelyn on Instagram and www.thedalailamasnails.com.
3. Odd Mom Out on Bravo – Funniest show on TV these days for Moms. If you missed it this summer, you must watch it on demand. Trust me you won’t be disappointed. 🙂
4. Custom kids clothing from Kidtoure Designs – Kimberly is someone I know from college who lives in Chicago and also has 2 daughters. She started her own company making custom clothing and accessories for kids. I recently bought a dress for my 4 yr old and a long sleeve hooded tee for my 7 year old from her. We told her which style shirt and dress we wanted, the color of each, and then picked designs based on which designs she had available at the time. Below are the finished products. My girls love them and are so excited to wear them this Fall! Just contact her through Facebook to start the process.
5. If you’re register with Sephora’s reward program, you become, what they call a “Beauty Insider,” and every year on your birthday, they send you a card for a freebie when you come into the store during your birthday month. This year, the freebie was a set of 2 mini Nars Satin Lip Pencils. At first look, both colors appeared darker then what usually looks good on me but I decided to try the lighter pencil and guess what, I LOVE IT! The color is called Rikugien. It goes on smoothly and the color has the perfect amount of pigment without being too bold. Plus, it feels very moisturizing.
Let me know if you have anything special you’re really into right now that I should check out in the comments below.