Hi All, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve done one of my Latest Likes posts. I just hadn’t had enough I wanted to share until recently.
- Bambu No Show Socks ($15.99 for 3 pairs) – I went looking for new no show socks and after a few options came up on Amazon, I read the reviews for these and decided to try them. OMG, they are the softest and best fitting pairs I’ve tried yet! They are made from premium bamboo fiber making them softer and more durable than cotton. They also absorb sweat and fight odor. And they come in a bunch of different colors and 2 different size options (when you have really small feet like me, the size option matters).
2. Dysons Hair Dryer ($399.99) – Manufacturer Description – “The hair dryer re-thought. Helps prevent extreme heat damage to protect natural shine. Air temperature is measured 20 times every second, keeping the temperature under control. Drying shouldn’t take forever. For fast drying you need controlled, high velocity airflow.”
I first learned about this hair dryer from a random podcast episode of Heather Dubrow’s World in August. I didn’t remember much about it except it was from the maker of vacuums – UNTIL I had my own recent haircut and MY hair dresser had one. I would assume if my hair dresser deemed it worthy of purchasing and if you are one to spend a lot of time drying your own hair and consider a hairdryer a worthy purchase, especially for one that’s supposed to be a bit revolutionary, then this may be the new hairdryer you’ll want, too. Holiday present anyone?
3. Stranglers podcast – A new 12 part documentary podcast from Earwolf Productions about the Boston Strangler serial killer. It takes an in depth look into the case and the 13 women who were murdered between June 1962 and January 1964. If you enjoyed the Serial podcast, you’ll love this one.
4. Yosh Magnetic Cell Phone Holder for the Car ($6.99 on Amazon) – Amazingly simple cell phone holder for the car that works via a magnet. One piece of the magnet you put on your phone, under your cell phone cover. And the other is on a piece that attaches to the vent in your car. And let me say, it holds really well. My husband and I both have it and have had no complaints. And it works for both iPhones and Samsung Galaxy’s.
5. Good Girls Revolt (Amazon Prime) – “In 1969, while a cultural revolution swept through the free world, there was still one place that refused to change with the times: newsrooms. Good Girls Revolt follows a group of young female researchers at “News of the Week,” who ask to be treated fairly. Their revolutionary request sparks convulsive changes and upends marriages, careers, sex lives, love lives, and friendships.” (Description courtesy of Amazon Prime).
Here’s the thing – I LOVE this show. I got into it right away. The acting and actors, the story, and the time period all pulled me in. The interesting thing is that Amazon has already canceled it. BUT, it is apparently being shopped around to other next networks. So, I’m not giving up hope that it will be a 1 season and done kind of show.
Hope you enjoy my latest installment of Latest Likes!