Now that we’re officially into Fall and not too far away from Winter here in the Northeast, thought I’d do a quick round up of some outerwear suggestions in case you’re still on the hunt for a new coat (because who isn’t, right?!). Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending how you see it), our lives always call for multiple coat options. It can be rainy and cold one day and then sunny and in the 50s the next. So you need a bunch of coats to cover all the weather that life throws at us. I tried to cover the bases from rain options to everyday to what to wear to on a date night on a cold winter night. Hope you have a big coat closet!
Note: Some of the colors shown in the photos below have more color choices available then shown in the photo.
Quick take on these (L to R):
1. BlankNYC leather – Every girl needs a good leather (or faux) jacket in their closet. The moto style is just fun!
2. Dylan Shearling Vest – I have never owned a shearling vest but fell in love with this one. If it were to look good on me, I’d have it in my closet. So, I’m seriously considering ordering this one just to see how it would look on me.
3. J.Crew coat – I love the classic style of this one. The details and quality are perfection. There are so many beautiful colors to pick from but I gravitate towards the bright blue or purple just to add some color to a classic piece.
4. J.Crew vest- Classic quilted vest = perfect for Fall
5. T by Tahari coat – I added this one because I am going to need a new wool coat this winter that works well for a cold winter date night. The one I have is warm and fitted but a bit too tight in the arms (always was) and after having it for so many years, I think it’s time to get one that is a bit more comfortable. I’ve never had one that ties at the waist and just love the femininity of it.
6. The North Face jacket – I bought this one in Navy a few years ago during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It is THE perfect Fall coat. Trust me.
7. DKNY coat – A good trench coat is a staple in a wardrobe. This one is a more classic style with the tie at the waist. The sand color is ideal. Oh, and it’s on sale!
8. Zella coat – I have a similar version of this coat in a gray/silver. It is a good stylish raincoat that is great for rainy days but it can also be worn on days when it’s not raining, too, because it doesn’t scream “rain coat.”
9. DKNY coat – The anorak is also a great Fall coat that is perfect for everyday. Just a different style from The North Face one. Also on sale!
10. Andrew Marc coat – I just loved the details and look of this one but it’s out of my price range. 🙁
11. The North Face coat – This trench coat is one I almost bought this past Spring in navy. It is lighter weight then the Zella one above but it fits like a glove so I am pretty sure I will be purchasing it soon enough.
12. Old Navy vest – I already own this simple vest in black. It’s just so easy to throw on those mornings when it’s just a touch too cool out for no jacket but an actual jacket isn’t quite necessary. Plus, you can’t beat the price and the color options!
Forgot to include the one coat I own that I wear THE most in the winter – it’s this The North Face one. It hits mid thigh, is plenty warm but feels light and is just a great everyday coat.