How often do you change up your beauty products? I try not to do it too often but now that I’ve been subscribing to Birchbox, I’ve been introduced to a few new products I’m really enjoying. Plus, I spent the spring hunting for a new under eye concealer and I finally have found one that I LOVE. Here’s a quick highlight of some products that are on heavy rotation for me right now.
1. I’m one of those lucky ladies who inherited the dark under eye circles. I find that obviously sleep and dehydration play a part in how bad they look but regardless, I always have tinges of them. So, under eye concealer is a KEY product for me. This spring I finally found one I plan to stick with for awhile and it’s Yves Saint Laurent Anti Cernes Multi Action Concealer.
2. Another recent favorite is this Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder in Bronze Glow (FYI, this color was out of stock in 2 Nordstrom stores I visited and had to order it online!). I’ve used their shimmer brick for bronzer and also the similar version from Laura Mercier before. After I ran out out of the last brick I had, in order to save money, I switched to a drugstore brand. While that one was ok, I realized it wasn’t the same. So I decided to venture back into department store brands and to trying this product from Bobbi Brown because it was similar to the shimmer brick but provides a bit more of a “tan/glow” look. And I’ve been in love since. It’s more then just a bronzer because it can be used all over the face.
3. This Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow came in one of my recent Birchbox’s. I was dismissive of it at first because I thought it was similar to what I already had but after using it a few times I realized that it was much more then I thought and truly provides a very simple and natural looking glow. I’m hooked and plan to buy a full size when I run out of the sample.
4. I become a convert to brow gel after getting a sample in my Birchbox of Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel. It came at the perfect time because I had been thinking about trying out brow gel. It’s so subtle and just makes your brows look well groomed. Sold!
5. Sarahpotempa hair clips. Another fabulous item from my Birchbox! This one was totally unexpected and a free extra. Well, lucky me because it is awesome at holding hair and for this girl who has thick hair and straightens it often, voila! And it’s pretty to boot. 🙂
6. I go back and forth between tinted moisturizers and foundations. Some days I feel like my skin needs a little more coverage and moisture so I decided to try out bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Cream after reading a lot of positive reviews about it. And I agree, it really is a great product! It provides a nice level of coverage that can be layered. It’s natural and subtle. And feels great on.
So, there you have it! What are some of your favorite beauty products at the moment?